Consider the below statements with reference to Koalas:
Koala bears are carnivoran mammals of the family Ursidae.
They are found on the continents of North America, Europe, and Australia.
They are considered to be vulnerable according to IUCN.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a 1 only
b 3 only
c 2 and 3 only
d 1 and 3 only
· IUCN Status: Vulnerable
· Endemic to Australia. Koalas are found in the eucalyptus forests of eastern Australia.
· It is an arboreal herbivorous marsupial native to Australia.
· Koalas typically inhabit open eucalypt woodlands, and the leaves of these trees make up most of their diet. Because this eucalypt diet has limited nutritional and caloric content, koalas are largely sedentary and sleep up to 20 hours a day.
· Koalas get almost all their moisture from the leaves they eat, and rarely drink water.
· Eucalyptus leaves are super tough and poisonous! Luckily for koalas, they have a long digestive organ called a cecum which allows them to break down the leaves unharmed.