National Policy on Software Product 2019
- National Policy on Software Product 2019 is a basic roadmap for formulation of initiatives, schemes and other measures for the development of software products sector in India
- It involves an initial outlay of Rs.1500 crore for various schemes till 2025.
- Software Product Development Fund: of Rs 5000 crore with contribution from private sector to promote emerging technologies such as Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Big Data and robotics.
- Research & Innovation fund
Five Main Missions
- Increase share in global software products market
- Create Indian Software products Industry of $ 70-80 billion at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate of 40% by 2025.
- Increase India’s share in global software product market by ten times.
- Develop Software Product Eco-system
- Nurturing of 10,000 technology start-ups in software product industry, including 1,000 in tier-II and tier-III towns.
- Cluster-based innovation driven ecosystem by developing 20 sectoral and strategically located software product development clusters
- Employment Generation
- It aims create direct & indirect employment for 3.5 million people by 2025.
- Talent Pool Creation
- Skilling of 10 lakh IT professionals.
- Developing 10,000 leadership professionals.
- National Software Products Mission
- Aimed at monitoring and evaluating scheme & programmes with participation from Government, Academia and Industry.
- Boost export income
- Create employment and entrepreneurial opportunities
- Leverage opportunities available under the Digital India Programme leading inclusive and sustainable growth.